- Sharing economy
- Amazon AWS
- UX/UI interface design
- On demand
About the project
Karzal is a peer-to-peer rental marketplace which allows people to rent their items to others in their neighborhood.
About the customer
Karzal is a digital renting platform for machinery, equipment, household appliances, and other goods. The goal is to enable people to share and monetize their unused possessions, increasing efficiency and saving the planet’s resources.
The customer’s objective was to develop a user-friendly marketplace that allows users to rent theirs and others’ items . According to the specific requirements, the task faced several challenges:
- signing in process should be available via social media
- the booking system had to be synchronized with a calendar
- each user needed rating points
- opportunity to rent for both registered and non-registered users
- notifications connection via SMS
Appservice’ experienced, well-balanced team of professional engineers was perfectly suited to take on the project’s challenges and achieved great levels of productivity.
Our developers streamlined the development process by selecting the most relevant technologies. They designed secure and scalable infrastructure for implementing the social login via AWS Cognito and the user rating system via back-end. They also developed communication tools to help lenders and borrowers interact with each other through comments and likes.
We also implemented Amazon AWS:
- S3 – for storing application static files and Cloudformation templates
- ECR – for storing images of the application's server side
- ECS – for launching server side images and tasks
- AWS Redis - as message broker
- ElasticSearch – for application search
- RDS PostgreSQL – use as application’s relational database
- ALB (Load Balancer) – use as load balancer
- Certificate Manager – for issuing SSL certificates
- Route 53 – use as a hosted zone for routing
- Lambda – for clients’ authentifications through Cognito, as well as to run node js server
- Serverless – for client’s part of application deploying
- Cloudformation – to control the application stac
- Cognito – for user authentication
The project was carried out according to the latest standards:
- Industry: Sharing economy
- Methodology: Scrum
- Engagement model: Time and material
- Team: 1 front-end developer, 1 back-end developer, 1 QA engineer, 1 designer, 1 project manager
- Technologies: Django, Angular Universal
How it works?
As a result of cooperation with Appservice, the customer has a user-friendly digital platform. It allows users to rent goods when they need them, track the time of a rented item, and receive SMS notifications about the end of the rental period as well as discounts.
Users can rent goods and earn points to place more items on the platform. The sign-in process takes only a few minutes and the payment method is universal.